Communications Manager, Technology, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead employee engagement activities within technology, defining and executing effective communication plans through regular visually compelling, relevant and informative updates.Own creative projects from start to delivery with the intent to deliver messaging and information to the employee base. Manage the preparation of clean, captivating and accessible presentations and other documentation for executive leadership in support of the technology team’s strategy and plans.Translate complex or abstract technical concepts into simple, easy to understand messages and illustrationsAs part of our Program Management Office, develop visual communication toolkits and resources for cross organizational use, such as product roadmaps, timelines and executive updatesDesign across a variety of mediums including intranet sites, newsletters, and other digital formats for primarily internal useDevelop “living” visual communication toolkits and resources for cross organizational useRemain current in latest technology, design, brand and strategy trends and best practices
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Technology team is seeking a Communications Manager with a passion for technology, who can use their design wizardry and communication expertise to tell compelling stories to executive stakeholders and internal teams. You will be responsible for the creation of compelling presentations, taking complex technology and business concepts and translating them into simple and easy to understand messages. This role will also be responsible for managing internal communications within the D2C technology team, improving staff engagement by formulating effective communication plans.
• BA, BS or equivalent in communications, marketing or similar field.
• 5+ years of experience of relevant and related experience.
• Exceptional PowerPoint skills & experience preparing presentations, pitches and proposals
• Proven ability to understand complex, abstract concepts and visualize into articulate illustrations.
• Ability to tailor messages appropriately to the audience, maintaining a clear narrative both within a communication and between.
• Experienced creating concise messaging with excellent use of the English language.
• Collaborative by nature, enjoys partnering with multi-disciplinary teams to reach common goals
• Strong interpersonal and consulting skills; Receives feedback well and able to incorporate feedback into designs
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with business stakeholders and technology teams across all levels of seniority
• Ability to excel in ambiguous, dynamic, changing, and extremely challenging environments
• Competency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word and Excel.
• Passion for technology, with an ability to understand high-level technology concepts.
• Experience aligning technology strategy to business need.
• Thrives under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Always looking several steps ahead, ensuring today’s communication relates to those of the past, and is considerate of the forward looking narrative.
• Strong background in storytelling, marketing, strategic thinking, communication and graphic design with in-depth understanding of typography, composition and overall visual development
• Proven ability to develop innovative ideas and drive projects to completion.
• Innovative creative approach - always adapting, evolving and re-inventing solutions to remain relevant, effective and contemporary
• Experience working in the technology, media or entertainment industry
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.