Telemundo 51 Digital Producer
Location: Miramar, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Report and create original articles and videos; gather original content from the local TV station’s newsroom and curate a wide variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications and magazines.Produce the homepage, main pages and subsections of the website and digital platforms.Produce multimedia assets including digital videos for social platforms.Ensure the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy created by NBC Local Media.Work with the digital team, as well as producers, editors and content experts at the local TV station, to publish stories onto the website and mobile platforms on a 24/7 schedule.Knowledge and experience using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and a passion for discovering the latest social tools.Experience actively engaging the community and reporting through social media.Take direction from the local Managing Editor/Digital Lead, as well as senior editors at the national editorial center in New York, and collaborate with content centers in other local markets to share stories and resources across all NBC’s station websites.
• At least 2 years experience as an editor, senior writer or senior producer at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
• Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills.
• Experience editing video, creating social videos and photo galleries.
• Must be able to work early morning, night and weekend hours when demanded by the group, breaking news or other editorial responsibilities.
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or English.
• Work overtime and on weekends.
• Must be willing to work at the station’s Miramar location.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools.
• Experience with Adobe Premier and Photoshop preferred.
• Blogging, wire service, newspaper rewrite or 24-hour cable news background.
• Proficient in English and Spanish both written and verbal.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be available to work long hours, various schedules, late nights, weekends, and/or holidays, under tight deadline pressure.
• Willingness to work in high risk emergency situations (e.g., hurricanes).
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.