Ad Sales Digital Inventory Analyst, NBC
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC Digital Prime/Late Night propertiesPartners (MVPD’s/Hulu/Youtube)Portfolio (NBC/Bravo/E!/Oxygen/Syfy/USA/Telemundo/News)
The NBCU Digital Sales Inventory team is responsible for understanding and evaluating total sellable ad opportunity and assisting planning and sales in creating optimal proposals for clients, while maintaining business flow and ensuring the most effective use of our ad inventory.
In this role, the analyst, NBC Digital Ad Sales Inventory, helps play a key part in the sales process by primarily supporting inventory-related requests for ad products across our premium content. The analyst will forecast inventory levels and usage patterns, and coordinate with the National Sales Planning team in discussing allocations for media proposals within a fast-paced environment across the following:
Core responsibilities include:Supporting pre-sale/post-sale process by forecasting & allocating advertising inventory for NBC Digital/partners/portfolio across various platforms, including, but not limited to: Video, Longform, OTT, Set-Top VOD, Mobile, Display, & custom ad productsWorking closely with National Sales Planners with on-request inventory avails, and final sign off on media plans, with emphasis on demo guaranteed buys, including CFlight convergence deals (linear + digital)Thoroughly review/approve insertion orders & modifications through order management system & effectively communicate any discrepancies with planning teamHandle requests for our growing, data-focused/audience-driven aspect of the business (AdSmart), including Programmatic & Addressable set-top VODKey focus on understanding technology, data, and reporting tools/analytics needed for day-to-dayResponsible for keeping current processes documented and accurateCollaborate with several departments: Planning, Sales, Operations, Digital Content Distribution, Sales Solutions, Research, & Marketing
Additional responsibilities include:Assist Sales Management with reporting needs including proactive inventory reporting, site pacing against forecast, sales management reporting, risk reporting, and any ad hoc reporting requests as needed.Collaborate with team on maintaining forecasting tools & reportingWork with Ops/Planning to manage revenue at risk; provide input and solutions to address campaigns at riskAlong with team and Sr. Director of Inventory, analyze and understand inventory levers and patterns to refine Excel-based methodologies for forecasting all types of ad inventoryQA and maintain inventory tools/systems
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 1-year online media experience is required. Ad Operations / Inventory Management/ Analytics background strongly desired.
• Proficiency with MS Excel (including pivot tables – role is Excel heavy)
• Strong work ethic
• Extensive problem-solving skills; strong analytical approach and mindset
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Self-motivated and resourceful
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels in the organization, both written and verbally
• Attraction & quick adaptation to ever-changing digital landscape
• Strong knowledge of the digital media business, especially video advertising
• Fluency in the language of digital media and online measurement: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, uniques, pageviews, visits, referrers, viewability, demo comps, co-viewing, etc.
• Knowledge of Operative-1 or similar Order Mgmt. System
• Knowledge of Freewheel, Google Ad Manager (DFP), or Nielsen DAR/comScore VCE
• Passion for digital media
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.