Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oversee inventory management for the NBC Sports Group, and strategically advise on how to monetize inventory in order to accommodate future budgets or programming changesParticipate in the creation and maintenance of accurate rate cardsAnalyze and approve Upfront and Scatter media plans based on mix, inventory, pricing, internal goals, and client objectivesCreate mix & stewardship guidelines across multiple networks and propertiesGenerate, track and distribute assigned sales reportsOversee and manage Inventory AnalystsCoordinate with Sales Assistants & Planners to enforce all Sales Administration deadlines, policies and procedures as directed by the Director of PlanningWork with Director to improve best practices and business processContribute to the training and development of Ad Sales Planners and Assistants
Oversee the sales administration of the SPORTS GROUP (NBC Sports, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel). Role includes providing support for all Planning elements including deal approval, stewardship and pricing. Manage aspects of inventory through strong working relationships with sales, inventory and traffic to ensure maximum usage and placement of ad time.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3 years related experience in media sales or buying
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet research
• Strong knowledge of media math and audience metrics
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• This position requires a strong media math skill set, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Possess strong computer skills required including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Working knowledge of Mainframe and Dealmaker is preferred, but not required.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.