Social Media Manager
- Full Time
We are seeking an experienced, creative and analytical social media manager and project manager. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the Comptroller’s social media strategy and increasing stakeholder awareness and engagements.
- Manage daily operations, strategy and administration of social media efforts, which includes supervising staff, managing projects, developing strategy, generating policies and procedures, writing and editing content, creating and managing schedules, collaborating with the agency and communications staff, and measuring the effectiveness of outreach.
- Must have experience and proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Strong writing, copy editing and proofreading skills is a requirement.
- Operate in a way which fosters a commitment to excellence and teamwork. Maintain an overall environment within the department which is positive, results-oriented and dedicated to excellence.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBLITY
- Manage, develop and implement strategy for the various social media platforms utilized by the Comptroller and the Office of the State Comptroller.
- Establish, communicate and enforce social media standards, policies and strategy based on industry-accepted best practices for social media platforms.
- Write, assign, edit and deploy content for all social media channels.
- Work with design, video and photography staff to produce engaging graphics, photos, videos and other visual tools that align with messaging and social media strategies and best practices.
- Strong organizational skills required for creating project, operational schedules and calendars to track, assign and implement social media outreach and design and photography needs.
- Collaborate with agency divisions to create, write and execute social media campaigns that support strategic and operational priorities.
- Develop analytics and metric reporting to give insight about customer engagement and best practices.
- Familiarity with web design and publishing.
- Staff Comptroller at public events, including press events, community events, parades and other events as assigned.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Travel required.
- Perform various other duties as needed.
- 5+ years of experience working in social media, communications, marketing or related industry including experience in strategy development, project management, data analytics and supervision
- Experience creating, writing, scheduling, tracking results and managing Social Media posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Travel, night and weekend hours required
Strategy and writing test will be administered
Salary and Benefits
- Generous benefits package including health coverage, paid time off, retirement plan and work/life balance
- Salary - $75,000 to $105,000
Interested candidates should submit a clear, concise resume and cover letter stating how you meet the minimum qualification to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 5, 2019. Please reference Item #00027-MediaBistro in the subject line and on the cover letter.
The Office of the NYS Comptroller is an Equal Opportunity Employer.