Email Marketing Manager
- Full Time
The Nation, America’s leading progressive print and online magazine, seeks a Email Marketing Manager (www.thenation.com) to join our congenial New York City office. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on our progressive values and excellent benefits, and we strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
This position will be responsible for overseeing and growing The Nation’s email marketing and digital spaces. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, innovative, and prepared to help each business department consistently produce revenue to meet and exceed ambitious targets.
The right person will be excited to think strategically about testing and segmenting, and developing higher value list segments (i.e. books list, swing state list, a highly engaged list, etc.); will have experience with list innovation and monetization, will have a track record of success in multichannel digital marketing, and will be comfortable helping to balance competing departmental priorities. Email production and training, monthly reports, understanding of evolving best practices, developing and implementing strategies for list growth, establishing digital style guide, and maintaining a company-wide email marketing calendar are all part of the job.
- Direct, oversee and implement Nation email strategy. Work cross-departmentally to expand and improve Nation email marketing, editorial and advertising campaigns.
- Develop cohesive branding guidelines and ensure adherence to style guide.
- Work with advertising clients in developing dedicated email products.
- Oversee our internal “user experience” team to test new digital products.
- Engage like-minded organizations in list swaps, dedicated email sends, joint campaigns and other methods to drive list growth.
- Advise on Nation digital media strategy, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Work with marketing team to create website experience as it relates to audience segmentation, the paywall meter, and other business needs.
- Coordinate with our extended marketing team, including third-party agencies, vendors and consultants to develop and execute integrated digital marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate across business and editorial departments to ensure digital and email performance is evaluated on an ongoing basis (insights, measurement, analysis, reporting).
- Stay current with industry trends and the competition, and experiment with emerging platforms and technologies.
- Strong creative, strategic, and analytical skills.
- Experience and demonstrated ability working with email databases, social media and executing and implementing digital campaigns.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and graphic design.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Analytics, and other reporting tools.
- Familiarity with the wider progressive political landscape a bonus.
The Nation offers competitive salary and excellent benefits, including generous health care, parental leave, and vacation. The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws. This position is covered by the collective-bargaining agreement between The Nation and The NewsGuild of N.Y., CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO. The starting salary is $63,795 and can scale up depending on experience. Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls or postal mail please.
Apply for Email Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly