Social Marketing Director
- Full Time
Position: Social Marketing Director
Each month, The Drive Media’s network of sites connect with more than 5 million car fanatics, mobility tech visionaries, and defense and aviation enthusiasts hungry for the latest news, product reviews, and analysis. We’re an established, independent media company with a small and highly collaborative team operating in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment.
We’re now hiring a Social Marketing Director to lead social media for our three flagship brands: The Drive (www.thedrive.com), the largest independent automotive media brand in the U.S., The War Zone (www.thewarzone.com), an unparalleled authority on global defense and aviation, and Car Bibles (www.carbibles.com), a trusted, daily source for automotive and product reviews.
This is a full-time position in our New York City office.
- Proven track record of creating and managing successful social media campaigns for consumer facing news or entertainment websites
- Minimum of 4 years of social marketing experience, specifically focused on content creation and deployment
- Ability to quickly write smart, engaging copy that grabs readers’ attention
- Ability to wear multiple hats and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative atmosphere
- Strong analytics and social optimization skills
- Social writing test/samples may be requested
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive meaningful traffic to our primary brands via social content creation and curation
- Create engaging, shareable social stories, including images and video that connect deeply with our audience of automotive, motorsports, next-generation mobility, aviation, and defense-tech enthusiasts
- Design, create, and maintain content rollout calendar
- Monitor and respond to trending content in our space to inform and advise our editorial teams
- Build and nurture our social media following and engagement for our brands and our writers
- Work closely with our media buying team to create and/or boost paid social media campaigns
- Establish primary social KPIs
- Track and analyze all social analytics/KPIs in order to maximize traffic and engagement
- Competitive salary and benefits