Digital Engagement Specialist
- Full Time
About the Organization
Founded in 1977, ZERO TO THREE works to ensure that babies and toddlers benefit from the early connections that are critical to their well-being and development. Our mission is to ensure that all babies and toddlers have a strong start in life. At ZERO TO THREE we envision a society that has the knowledge and will to support all infants and toddlers in reaching their full potential. Our Core Values Statement: We believe that how we do our work is as important as what we do. To learn more about ZERO TO THREE, please visit our website at www.zerotothree.org.
You are a digitally savvy and creative content producer on the cutting-edge of social media trends. The Digital Engagement Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing the social media and blog strategy for ZERO TO THREE (ZTT). This position will be responsible for creating and delivering social media and blog content that inspires engagement among key audiences including early childhood development professionals, parents, policymakers and funders. He/she will provide input, planning and execution on annual, quarterly and day-to-day integrated communications strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements robust engagement strategies for ZTT social media channels and creating an organizational blog
- Creates on-message, highly engaging, and visually stunning social media and blog content embedded with video, audio and other interactive elements
- Coordinates and implements digital media strategies for the organization, key initiatives, campaigns and products in alignment with organizational and departmental priorities
- Tracks and analyses social media and blog engagement
- Collaborates closely with Digital Marketing Specialist to inform and implement SEO/SEM and paid social media strategy
- Stays on top of digital and early childhood development industry trends
- Supports day-to-day management of ZTT’s editorial calendar
- Responsible for social media listening/monitoring and day-to-day community management
- Curates and engages network of digital influencers including celebrity authors, policymakers and thought leaders
- Manages Spanish-language digital presence through CERO A TRES social media profiles
- Cross-trained in technical implementation of email, digital advertising, web, and mobile tactics
- Performs other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the department.
Skills and Experience
- Three to five years of experience in communications or public relations in a digital, writing or editing function.
- Fluency is Spanish strongly preferred
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Demonstrated understanding of how to plan, communicate and implement effective digital communication strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media tools and trends
- Demonstrated ability to spark social media or blog engagement
- Experience capturing and editing video or audio
- Demonstrated collaborating with Capitol Hill, corporate or media partners
- Understanding of the non-profit environment
- Exercises independent discretion and judgement
- Can work under deadline pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Encourages and practices critical and strategic thinking
- Collaboratively and creatively supports the work efforts of colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the organization
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is frequently required to use finger dexterity as well as sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. Also may need to remain seated for long periods of time, have the ability to perform repetitive motions, grasp objects, including a writing instrument, kneel, communicate verbally and hear well enough to detect nuances and receive detailed information. The employee may be required to walk, push or pull objects, bend, squat, reach, or stand. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for preparing and analyzing data, transcribing, and expansive reading.
The work conditions described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Depending on work location, the incumbent will typically work indoors in a heated and air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent and fluorescent light with low to moderate noise levels or be subject to working conditions conducive to a home office. When travel is expected the incumbent will be exposed to outside environmental conditions during those times.
ZERO TO THREE: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.