Summer 2020 Innovation Internship
- Full Time
Dow Jones Innovation team is looking for an agile, smart, energetic undergraduate or graduate student, currently working to become a developer, to join our team for the summer of 2020. In this role you’ll get hands on experience and work with the product team to turn ideas into prototypes and prototypes into products.
Our ideal candidate is a top performer. They’re happy to give it their all and ask for more. We work in a small, passionate group with high levels of energy and enthusiasm that inspire others and drive progress. We want someone excited to contribute to this culture. You must also work well with diverse teams, be able to take initiatives and lead projects.
- Research & Brainstorming with UX Designers, Development, and product teams.
- Developing/Testing Prototypes including augmented and virtual reality, and artificial intelligence experiments
- Work closely with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals
- Working with all areas of the business and communicating in a clear, concise and direct manner
- Currently a rising college junior, senior or graduate student
- Experience with AR/VR Development
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, OpenGL, Metal, or WebGL a plus
- Intellectually curious, willing to express thoughts freely
- Generally interested in AI and other emerging technology
- Able to prioritize manage and execute tasks, while adhering to critical project timelines in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex problems and convey these solutions simply, in the form of presentations, prototypes and specifications
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: INNOVATION/PARTNER DEV
Job Category: About Us
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 18299