Manager, Data Science & Management Insights
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Create predictive models to support various forecasts and financial budgets. Communicate the result effectively through presentations and syndicated reports. Continue to raise the bar and improve existing prediction models. Apply feature engineering and a deep understanding of the business to help optimize for accuracy.Track the progress and/or ROI on business initiatives through deep-dive analysis. Leverage estimations, third party data, and other resources to provide performance updates.Participate in daily scrums and AGILE process. Help maintain a backlog and document work in internal wiki. Help regularly present findings in weekly and monthly meetings.
NBCU Digital Entertainment is looking for a motivated Manager of Data Science & Management Insights that can deliver results in a fast-paced environment. As the Manager of Data Science & Management Insights, you will play a key role in supporting strategic initiatives for the organization. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with multiple levels of leadership within NBCU Digital Entertainment.
Provide business analysis and insights, reporting, and modeling. Partner closely with digital strategy & business development team to gather requirements.
• Minimum 2 years of applied work experience in Data, Analytics, Data Science, Finance and or Consulting.
• BS from a quantitative field from such as Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering. Master’s Degree a plus.
• Hands on experience analyzing and mining large datasets in SQL.
• Applied experience creating time-series forecasts in R and/or Python (i.e. ARIMA, Exponential Smoothing, etc.). Experience with ML, predictive modeling, classification models, and clustering a plus.
• Experience with BI visualization tools such as Domo, Tableau, Lookr, or Microstrategy.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Proven ownership abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results with a sense of accountability and proactivity.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, high throughput environment.
• Previous experience in Digital Entertainment, High Tech, or Digital Marketing industries is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and present findings to leadership and peers.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to partner and earn the trust of constituents.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.