Stations Sales Associates Program (SAP) is an accelerated development experience for early-career sales professionals. This highly competitive program identifies outstanding aspiring media sales professionals who bring diverse backgrounds to the organization. This fast-track training program offers associates experiences in all aspects of the sales cycle (including research and operations), with special focus on Advanced TV and emerging video platforms, as well as legacy linear broadcast, digital video, business development, sales marketing & out-of-home. This is an excellent opportunity for a jumpstart into the fast-paced field of media sales.
At the onset of the program, associates will attend a ‘boot camp’ experience at the NBC Owned Television Stations. This will: orient associates to NBC Universal/NBC Owned Television Stations division; expose associates to members of the NBC Owned Television Stations senior leadership and digital sales leadership teams; train associates in NBC Owned Television Stations’ products, processes, such as NFL, NHL, FIFA World Cup Barclay’s Premier League, The Golden Globes©, Digital and Non-Linear initiatives and related sales competencies.
After ‘boot camp,’ the sales associate will reside with the sales team at an NBCU Owned and operated station for the duration of the program. The Sales Associates Program runs for a flexible period of 8 -12 months and associates will have rotations in core selling, business development, and digital selling. This program also offers leadership development and exposure, networking, and developing key sales competencies. Former Sales Associates have moved on to Executive Sales roles within NBCUniversal.
- BA or BS in a related field
- Experience using Office 365
- Minimum of 1-5 years of work experience, sales related preferred
- Strong communication/presentation skills - verbal and written
- Available to join the program starting January 2020
- Ability to relocate across the U.S. in a geographic location, as assigned
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Must be 18 years or older and have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions - NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Interested candidates must submit a resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Meet the NBCU standards of integrity, creativity, teamwork, pioneering spirit and ownership
- Previous experience working in a sales organization as a Sales Planner, Sales Assistant, Marketing Planner, Customer Service Representative, Account Executive (seller) or similar role
- Interested in long-term career within digital media sales
- Passionate about NBC Universal/NBC Owned Television Stations products and platforms
- Knowledgeable about digital industry trends and external environment
- Self-starter who is driven to succeed and thrive in both corporate and start-up environments
- Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate across projects and functions, as necessary
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.