The Project Manager for the Direct-To-Consumer US OTT technology is a dynamic and seasoned program or project management technologist who is passionate about envisioning and developing world class digital capabilities at NBCU. The role will play a pivotal part in the development and execution of the NBCU OTT digital strategy, collaborating with various technology teams in execution of programs and key initiatives.
This position will provide technical project management expertise in the software development lifecycle both for external client implementations as well as internal departmental project initiatives. The role requires the ability to capture technical product and business requirements and lead teams across various functions such as Engineering, Dev, and QA and ensure that the business goals and milestones are met. The Project Manager is a client-facing role requiring excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and provides an opportunity for an individual to expand beyond traditional SDLC technologies and systems by leading cutting-edge digital product initiatives within the OTT video streaming space.
The Project Manager will manage executive stakeholder expectations and drive to accurately capture business goals, budgets, event driven timelines, complex legal and product requirements and diligently work to deliver on high profile projects and ensure the broader program team has clear expectations of milestones, dependencies, and risks by reporting and presenting materials regularly.ResponsibilitiesLead in the analysis, design, and development stages of partner implementations, achieving all project milestones, external dependencies, and service level agreementsMaintain product backlogs, sprint backlogs, and user stories as needed to align with DevSupport broader program team with the creation of technical documents such as project charters, plans, business object models, gap analysis matrices, and weekly status reports demonstrating an understanding of tech components in concert with the support of Business AnalystsWhere applicable, be responsible for producing and maintaining comprehensive documentation (both event production schedules, development trackers, and budget trackers)Participate in after-hours deployments, upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed for premium live events and partner product launchesWork with our broad partner set roles including Developers, Engineers, QA, Support, and Operations for a variety of high-profile clients in the Sport and Media industryBasic Qualifications
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in technical project management duties
- Degree from Undergraduate program in IT, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with business stakeholders and technology teams
- Minimum basic skills in creating Microsoft Project Plans, Project Charters, and Visio docs
- Proficient with project management tools such as Jira, Basecamp, or other
- Basic understanding of LAN and WAN networking technologies is preferred; not required
- Proficiency in working with the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with HTTP, DNS, UDP, MPEG TS, Aspera FASP, Zixi and various other transport protocols and network/compression concepts and plus, but not required
- Understanding of frontend web application environments including AngularJS, CSS, and HTML5
- Basic understanding of mobile, tablet and OTT connected devices and protocols
- Familiar with event-based projects and an ability to work in high stress, high visibility environments
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Flexibility to work on weekends and nights during product launches and high-profile events
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience using Visio or other visualization tools for creation of flowcharts and object models
- Exposure to any web application development and performance testing
- Exposure to video streaming protocols such as RTMP, Smooth, HLS, DASH, and CMAF
- Experience working in the media or entertainment industry
- Self-Starter able to ramp up quickly and be comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Passion to learn new models, programs, organizations, and systems
- Ability to excel in ambiguous, dynamic, changing, and extremely challenging environments
- A results-oriented natural leader who can attract, motivate and inspire top talent
- A change agent who embraces change eagerly, breaks new ground, and is contemptuous of the status quo. Strives to make our technology ‘best in class’ – welcoming new approaches and thinking when it comes to digital systems and products
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.