General Audience Publicity Coordinator (Contractor)
- Full Time
General Audience Publicity Coordinator
Team: Corporate Communications - General Audience (GA) Publicity
Status: Full-time, Contractor, funded through June 2020
Note: The individual selected for this role will not be employed directly by PBS. The incumbent will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor under the instruction of PBS.
This position is an administrative role, supporting the General Audience Publicity Team and their efforts to earn media for all PBS priority programs, garner awareness and drive tune-in. He/she is critical to the PBS brand to ensure accuracy of all press materials for an influential audience.
Under direct supervision of an Associate Director, and working alongside a publicity team, the General Audience Publicity Coordinator will support the team’s efforts to promote PBS priority programming. This includes managing and tracking department documents, asset delivery and publishing to PBS PressRoom. PBS PressRoom is a password-protected site geared to inform press and PBS stations about the upcoming PBS schedule. Materials to be managed and uploaded to PressRoom include: program/episode descriptions, publicity contact information, press releases, producer/talent bios, program photos and full-length episodes for advanced screening, etc. These assets are used widely and live online, so it’s important they are accurate.
The Publicity Coordinator will collaborate effectively with their immediate team, members from various PBS departments, and outside publicists and producers to support priority and ongoing series.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- With GA publicity team coordinate, input and maintain PBS PressRoom content to promote upcoming priority programming.
- Create PressRoom program pages and upload assets for priority shows, ongoing series, and themed programming as needed.
- Compile and distribute weekly primetime schedule highlights to press.
- Publish press releases to PBS.org
- With team, manage PressRoom registration process and email inbox.
- Co-manage department invoice processing and tracking of overall budget.
- Update and maintain various press lists.
- Track department Awards calendar, including researching deadlines on related industry awards websites, tracking nominations and wins, and co-managing ad deliverables.
- Manage department e-files, including tracking and filing PR agency reports.
- Co-manage various legal contracts with assigned team members.
- Other duties as assigned, including scheduling meetings, briefing documents, screening and event logistics, press monitoring, internal reports.
Requirements for success:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Have excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer-savvy and fast learner
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Able to plan, problem solve and prioritize various projects at a time
- Collaborate well with individuals from across internal and external departments
- Resourceful, strong listening skills, and a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Prior experience with Adobe Photoshop, Cision Media Database, and MailChimp
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities