- Full Time
Team: Digital and Marketing
The Executive Assistant provides a range of administrative support for the Chief Digital & Marketing Officer, which includes: receiving and handling phones calls; coordinating approvals and signatures on appropriate documents; organizing calendar and travel logistics; and coordinating internal and external meetings, presentations, conferences, and other events. The incumbent is exposed to confidential organizational and staffing information; therefore, he/she practices professionalism and discretion.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate complex calendar activities on behalf of the Chief Digital & Marketing Officer, which includes: maintaining up-to-date meeting schedules and logistics; proactively flagging scheduling conflicts; and ensuring a timely response to meeting requests.
- Coordinate and maintain updated travel logistics, including transportation arrangements, hotel accommodations, and conference registrations.
- Provide administrative assistance in the management and tracking of the Digital & Marketing budget; ensure proper usage of department purchasing cards; and work closely with Accounts Payable and external vendors to ensure timely and accurate processing of Digital & Marketing invoices.
- Arrange meeting activities with key internal and external stakeholders by reserving conference rooms or hotel sites, procuring catering services and/or audiovisual resources, coordinating schedules, preparing meeting materials, and performing related activities.
- Assist with the coordination and assembly of internal Digital & Marketing staff meetings; compose regular emails to staff regarding metrics, events, staffing changes, etc.
- Coordinate weekly Digital & Marketing senior staff meetings by performing scheduling duties, taking meetings notes, and ensuring that action items are communicated to the appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Assist the Chief Digital & Marketing Officer and other Digital staff with the execution of staff recognition and engagement programs.
- Plan logistics for staff retreats and special events.
- Provide support in planning Digital & Marketing’s presence at major PBS and industry events, e.g. Annual Meeting and Tech Con.
- Assist the Chief Digital & Marketing Officer in creating and implementing Digital & Marketing strategic goals from an administrative and/or coordination standpoint.
- Update and maintain the Chief Digital & Marketing Officer’s list of contacts.
- Provide administrative support to Digital & Marketing corporate area, including:
- Receiving and screening telephone calls; answering questions; and taking accurate messages and escalating inquiries as appropriate.
- Maintaining office materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Distributing all incoming mail for the division.
- Preparing charts, slides, and other presentation materials.
- Receiving, escorting, and/or introducing visitors to the Digital & Marketing staff.
- Perform other confidential duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or related field. Executive secretarial training a plus. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 5 years’ of work experience providing administrative support to senior management, which includes handling personal and confidential information with the highest level of professionalism and discretion.
- Strong computer skills, especially pertaining to Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; strong typing skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent written, verbal, telephone, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Ability to identify multiple problem-solving strategies.
- Ability to work productively under pressure.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Familiarity with planning logistics for travel and conferences.
- Public television or local station experience a plus.
- Interest in new media and public broadcasting a plus.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities