Sr. Manager, Multiplatform Marketing
- Full Time
Sr. Manager, Multiplatform Marketing
Team: Multiplatform Marketing
The Sr. Manager, Multiplatform Marketing develops and executes multiplatform marketing campaigns and initiatives of varying scope and complexity in order to drive audience awareness of, and engagement with, PBS content.
This position works in partnership with stations, producers, funders, external partners and internal PBS departments (Programing, Communications, Digital, Social Media, Creative Services, Business Intelligence) to implement, distribute and analyze general audience marketing and communication plans. In all work, the incumbent maintains a strategic, multiplatform perspective and leads ongoing efforts to experiment and innovate.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as project lead for the full lifecycle of multiplatform marketing campaigns: define target audiences, collaborate with business intelligence on research studies, write strategic briefs, manage media planning, work across departments and producers on the strategic direction of creative campaigns, and communicate and deliver assets to stations and other stakeholders.
- Lead meetings and collaborate across multiple departments and stakeholders to include programming, digital, social media, communications, creatives services, show producers, funders, PBS stations and others, to bring high-profile promotional campaigns and projects to life.
- Contribute to collective efforts to determine seasonal promotional priorities.
- Lead marketing efforts around quarterly themed programming initiatives.
- Work closely with media planning agency, internal creative services team and media partners on the implementation of campaigns various scales, from complex and high-profile TV, print, digital, social, radio, and out-of-home placements to smaller, highly targeted digital campaigns.
- Manage research efforts across marketing campaigns, leverage research to analyze and communicate campaign effectiveness and provide recommendations for changes in future campaigns when appropriate – continuing to hone more effective campaigns.
Additional specific duties:
- Working with the Senior Director/Director, develop new communications strategies and manage day-to-day communication to PBS stations from surveys, email communication strategy, website presence, and content at conferences and on webinars.
- Manage internal website with Marketing Coordinator.
- Standardize and update announcement templates.
- Manage production and communication for annual awards spots.
- Serve as strategist for Passport promotional assets.
Requirements for success:
- 6+ years progressive experience in marketing/advertising/member marketing positions, with specific skills around strategic planning, executing and implementing marketing Experience in TV, advertising/media planning, entertainment, digital platforms preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or similar experience.
- On-the-ground experience in a highly creative, fast-paced, idea-generating atmosphere (Agency, Advertising, Promotions, Publicity, Media Relations, Design, Social Media).
- Proven time management and project management skills, effectively meeting deadlines as priorities evolve and shift.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage high-profile and sensitive relationships.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute overlapping assignments.
- Working knowledge of content management systems and website management.
- Experience with workflow and digital asset management systems.
- Track record of collaborating with various levels of internal and external stakeholders on cross-functional internal and external teams, including Creative Services, member station staff, show producers, Programming and Business Intelligence.
- Ability to take initiative and act proactively.
- Customer service/member relations orientation.
- Passion for digital innovation, television, non-profits, and/or advertising.
- Solutions-oriented, diplomatic, and calm under pressure.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Extreme attention to detail, a quick study, and an iterative learner.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities