Sr. Coordinator, Multiplatform Marketing (Contractor)
- Full Time
Sr. Coordinator, Multiplatform Marketing
Team: Multiplatform Marketing
Status: Full-time, Contractor, funded through June 2020 with possibility of extension
Note: The individual selected for this role will not be employed directly by PBS. The incumbent will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor under the instruction of PBS.
The Sr. Coordinator supports the PBS Multiplatform Marketing team in driving viewers to engage with PBS content across broadcast television, digital platforms, over-the-top devices, apps, and beyond. This position connects essential dots, builds relationships with internal stakeholders and PBS member stations across the country, coordinates large and complex marketing projects, and helps ensure that marketing and advertising projects are tracked, managed and communicated from start to finish.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the crucial link between PBS member stations and the PBS national marketing team, to ensure coordination, communication, and alignment on promotional priorities, marketing initiatives, creative assets, etc.
- Manage and update the PBS Multiplatform Marketing internal website for station communication.
- Curate and coordinate content for weekly department email newsletters, monthly station teleconference, and other station communication touchpoints.
- Manage CRM/email distribution lists, design email campaign templates, execute email campaigns and track usage and metrics.
- Coordinate station-focused surveys and research studies with Business Intelligence department.
- Develop new tools and collateral to showcase promotional initiatives system-wide.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of events and activities such as webinars, conference calls, in-person meetings, and national conferences.
- Coordinate projects with creative services, communications, digital, social media, and programming departments.
- Attend meetings and synthesize information into concrete action items, deliverables and timelines by preparing reports and meeting recaps.
- Respond to and triage station email inquiries to internal PBS teams and staff.
- Publish assets to digital asset management system (DAM) and communicate availability to stations.
- Maintain and update department info sheets and presentations.
- Arrange internal distribution of materials, mailing, shipping and catering.
Requirements for success:
- 2-3 years related experience in marketing and communications, member services/relations, advertising, event management, digital, or in operations/executive support.
- 4-year college degree in a related field.
- Email marketing and CRM skills (use of MailChimp, Constant Contact, Emma, Salesforce, etc.)
- Stong writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- Basic graphic design skills and experience developing collateral material.
- Experience updating web content and design templates.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with workflow and digital asset management systems.
- Strong people skills, diplomatic, with customer service orientation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize and allocate time according to priorities.
- Extreme attention to detail, a quick study, and an iterative learner.
- Event management experience a plus.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities