Executive Assistant to the CFO
- Full Time
Team: Office of the CFO & Treasurer
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) reports to and works closely with the CFO to ensure smooth operations of the CFO’s office. This position also supports the VP Finance, VP & Controller, Director of Treasury Operations, and the Senior Director of Internal Audit. This position works collaboratively (providing back-up as requested) with other support staff to the PBS Executive team.
The incumbent provides high-level support for the CFO, including: proactively managing the CFO’s schedule and travel; effectively managing and organizing the administration of the office; ensuring effective communication and coordination with senior management and other staff members; representing the CFO to a wide array of external constituents; and preparing documents, letters, presentations, and other correspondence for the CFO.
- Proactively manage the CFO’s calendar, schedule, and travel, anticipating and addressing the CFO’s needs.
- Coordinate scheduling between the CFO and senior staff members and other colleagues to ensure timely resolution of critical issues and other matters; ensure that priority matters are brought to the attention of the CFO.
- Ensure that the CFO is appropriately supported before and during trips and meetings, including preparing itineraries, creating and coordinating materials, and using judgment to provide other relevant information.
- Prepare accurate and timely electronic expense reports, and ensure that all documentation necessary is retained.
- Manage the administration of the CFO’s office, including overseeing the budgets of the Office of the CFO; organizing all administrative aspects of the Office; maintaining files; and providing clerical support (copying, faxing etc.) as requested.
- Track and manage project and follow-up items for the CFO, ensuring that issues are recorded, addressed, and resolved; on behalf of the CFO, proactively follow-up with appropriate staff on project status and ensure that materials are available when needed.
- Provide decision support for the CFO by coordinating with other departments to secure materials requested by the CFO.
- Prepare Headlines report, board follow-up schedules, and other materials as requested. Represent CFO office to fulfill corporate or cross-company responsibilities as requested (e.g. document retention and destruction responsibilities; ERP input training and maintenance).
- Review invoices and contracts submitted for CFO signature, ensuring that all back up is provided and prior sign-offs have occurred; accurately code invoices and process same along with check requests and purchase orders as directed by CFO.
- Oversee communications generated from the Office of the CFO on behalf of the CFO.
- Screen and coordinate incoming communications, correspondence, and requests, identifying those of importance that require attention.
- Prepare documents, letters, and other correspondence for the CFO.
- Assist in preparing and performing editorial review of Powerpoint slides and other written and oral presentations.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings or other events for the CFO, including securing venues, preparing relevant materials, and arranging for catering as needed.
- Represent the CFO to a wide array of external constituents via phone, email, and in-person as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the VP Finance, VP & Controller, Director of Treasury Operations, the Senior Director of Internal Audit as needed.
- Colloborate with other C-Suite Executive Assistants in providing administrative support to CEO and COO, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5 years of administrative experience, which must include providing assistance to a senior executive.
- Project management experience is a plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to anticipate needs and proactively address issues
- Numerically literate – familiarity and comfort with basic financial data
- Must be able to handle office of CFO materials and information with 100% confidentiality
- Professional demeanor with a high degree of discretion, judgment, tact, and poise
- Demonstrates commitment to fulfill responsibilities at the highest level and to meet deliverables in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to balance multiple issues and projects in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail, organized, and thorough; desire for continuous improvement
- A high-energy, collaborative and innovative nature with a good sense of humor
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- A curious nature with the ability to keep informed of issues relevant to PBS’ business
- A strong interest in the mission of public broadcasting and its business landscape
- Strong typing and word processing skills
- Proficient user of social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities