- Full Time
A New York-based book and magazine publisher is looking to hire an associate editor to help with editorial and administrative tasks. This is the ideal position for a talented individual who likes to work across varied subject matters and take ownership of entire projects. You will report directly to the Editorial Director and be responsible for developing book and magazine TOCs, plus writing, editing, researching and commissioning articles. Areas of focus include entertainment, health, wellness, home and current events.
Our company is comprised of talented individuals who love what we do and have a passion for print. We value the blend of great content and mainstream consumer appeal. Our teams work in a fast-paced environment where the ability to turn out pages quickly is important.
In addition to editorial responsibilities, you will also work with the sales, marketing and finance departments, exposing you to multiple sides of the business. This is a great entry level job for someone looking to grow. You should be able to multitask and be able to work on several projects at the same time.
- Seeking talented junior-level editor with prior book or magazine editing experience
- Must be comfortable working on a tight production flow
- Ability to write, research plus critique the work of others
- Strong writing and editing skills are a must
- Work with editorial team, designers, publisher, photo editors, sales, finance and production departments
- Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate multiple magazines at the same time
- Must be ok doing administrative tasks like billing, contracts and archiving materials
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proficient in InDesign