Social Media Producer
- Full Time
The primary role of the Social Media Producer is to support the creation, publication, monitoring, and management of the museum’s social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other channels as needed. Reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, the Social Media Producer will develop the museum’s social media strategy, research and develop new social media initiatives, and perform outreach to influencers and social media professionals in related fields in order to promote the Museum’s social media channels. The incoming Social Media Producer will work with stakeholders in and outside of the Museum to showcase the breadth and depth of the Museum’s collection, programs, and events and create immersive and innovative experiences for the museum’s daily social media community of over 6 million users worldwide.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum.
- Manage the museum’s social media channels and digital content calendar, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the social media strategy for exhibitions, events, and other museum initiatives
- Research, write, source images, and organize photography and video shoots to create social media content
- Schedule content across all social platforms and monitor and respond to comments in line with the museum’s Community Guidelines
- Analyze social media metrics and generate reports to establish benchmarks and inform strategy
- Cultivate relationships with social media influencers and professionals
- Supervise seasonal interns as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in social media or digital marketing, preferably in the arts and cultural field
- Excellent writing and proofreading abilities
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and trends
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Facebook Ads Manager, other social media management and reporting platforms (e.g. Sprout Social)
- Interest in emerging social media products/tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor
- Genuine interest in and knowledge of modern and contemporary art, design and/or architecture
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment. Qualified candidates can apply online at www.guggenheim.org/careers. The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.