Part--Time Traffic Specialist
- Full Time
• Work closely with traffic and continuity in any of the CMG Radio markets.
• Process/manage incoming production orders from v-Creative
• Communicate status of copy and copy changes to Traffic
• Manage the paperless production order system.
• Oversee general copy inbox and handle work to confirm no orders are overlooked.
• Enter production orders for local and national agency traffic instructions.
• Understand the Wide Orbit traffic system in order to provide back-up traffic when needed.
• Work the inventory on logs
• Review and edit next day logs to check for conflicts etc.
• Generate daily reports and notify all parties of missing copy and prepayment.
• Process network barter spots affidavits in a timely manner.
• In-depth knowledge of Wide Orbit or other broadcast scheduling software.
• Maintain network schedules, traffic instructions and assigning copy in Wide orbit.
• Process/manage cart numbers for incoming Production Orders in Wide orbit.
• Attach scripts to production orders as necessary.
• Provide miscellaneous administrative duties on an as needed basis.
• Duties may vary from day to day or by market depending on current needs.
• Approximately 29 hours per week as Part-time. Advancement possible as new opportunities become available.
Qualifications:• Strong interpersonal skills and strong work ethic.
• Good communication (many times you will be regularly working with people you’ve never met)
• Good focus and strong attention to detail
• Works effectively in a team environment and independently.
• Positive attitude and dependability.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Wide Orbit experience and/or radio traffic experience a plus
• Minimum two (2) years prior experience working in an office environment.
• Must be focused, proactive, innovative, work effectively in a team environment and also possess the ability to work independently.
• A strong work ethic, positive attitude and dependability are required.
• Good communication skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.