- Full Time
Cox Automotive is seeking a Product Manager for a full-time position in Austin, TX as part of our Pricing, Data, and Incentives Release Train within Inventory Software Solutions (ISS) with support for the vAuto and Homenet, and Cox Automotive Rebates and Incentives (CAR&I) brands. As a Product Manager, you will work with Agile cross-functional teams responsible for both new product development and enhancements to existing products through the entire product lifecycle, from inception, through development and testing, to launch and support. You will define and prioritize product backlogs to optimize customer value and align with the Cox Automotive vision. You will collaborate and communicate with customers and stakeholders at all levels and across teams to drive initiatives to successful completion.
- Define product vision, and work closely with Architects and Software Engineering to oversee and approve product designs, enhancements, and quality.
- Track market trends and competitive offerings; interface with customers and others to drive product direction and ensure capabilities meet market needs and customer goals.
- Collaborate with multiple Agile product development / software engineering teams responsible for developing and launching platform application and components.
- Lead the full product life cycle from research and design through development and launch.
- Work closely with clients and customers, other Product Managers, Architects, UX, Operations, Customer Support, and other stakeholders to build the product backlog and roadmap.
- Proactively prune, prioritize and maintain the product backlog so that each successive iteration can be planned clearly and efficiently.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to align backlogs and roadmaps across teams, departments, business units, and release trains.
- Define, prioritize, and clarify epics, features, and testable acceptance criteria.
- Articulate business value of incoming work and tradeoffs between options to ensure teams have clear vision and well-defined goals.
- Act as subject matter expert on products, services, and capabilities.
- Develop relationships with customers to better understand and advocate their needs.
- Collaborate with Architects and Software Engineering to ensure products and services are secure, performance, and highly available.
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure appropriate monitoring, alerting, incident management, and problem resolution for products and services.
- Participate in product team iteration planning, release planning, and coordination of dependencies.
- Coordinate go-to-market activities with Sales, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Support, and other departments as needed.
- Lead and participate in various Agile ceremonies, including sprint reviews, stakeholder meetings, daily Scrums, backlog grooming, and retrospectives.
- Ensure delivery of business value to our customers and Cox Automotive.
- Consistently manage stakeholder expectations.
- Maintain and improve professional and functional knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degrees a plus.
- 3 years of relevant experience in a software development organization required. Product Manager / Product Owner experience a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) required. SAFe experience and Agile certifications (e.g., CSM, CSPO) a plus.
- Experience with Agile productivity and management tools (e.g., Rally, VersionOne, Jira, Trello, etc.) a plus.
- Experience partnering with design teams and guiding UX a plus.
- Strong communication, planning, critical thinking, and organizing skills required. Must be able to analyze data, solve problems, make decisions, and continuously improve.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Automotive industry experience a plus.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.