Sr. Director, Ad Experience, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The digital delivery of television can be complex and confusing to some end customers. This position is designed to help those customers quickly and successfully enjoy our products and services.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Senior Director, Ad Experience to lead innovation of ad formats, ad loads, & ad experience for our new direct to consumer platform. We are looking for an approachable, unshakeable, & highly competitive executive who is adept at swiftly handling change in a constantly evolving industry.
The successful candidate will work across a variety of teams, product, technology, Ad Sales tech, teams responsible for DMP & CRM systems, data scientists, business analysts and capacity planners. They will wrangle members from all these team to align on growth strategies to both increase revenue and customer experience. They will look for and execute innovative methodologies and systems to provide a better experience. They will chase revenue growth based on an agreed upon set of KPIs, convincing stakeholders of the importance of testing and implementing the test winners across the customer experience.
• At least 7 years experience in ad experience, media buying, ad product, revenue growth teams in television or a related field.
• A deep understanding of analytics, experience with data visualization tools like Domo, Looker, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Omniture, Amplitude, Chartbeat, as well as understanding of ads` tagging and governance.
• Experience using SQL, R, Python and other similar tools to elicit data from very large data sets, as well as to forecast accurately growth and a variety of scenarios a plus.
• Experience with Freewheel or similar ad serving tools & technologies.
• Excellent presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex data results in a simple and concise way including the ability to make visually compelling decks for creative leaders.
• Experience using multivariate testing to grow the KPIs of a business
• A history of establishing KPIs and targets, and then working to hit those goals.
• A passion for television and movies.
• Bachelors degree in a related field, Masters a plus.
• Ability to work at 30 Rock, New York City
• The ability to work closely with a variety of other teams.
• The ability to quickly adapt to new landscapes and adopting new truths
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.