The Digital Content Creator will find, publish and promote compelling content for NBC Sports Philadelphia’s digital platforms. This position is responsible for using creative and innovative methods to tell stories through a wide range of tools on NBC Sports Philadelphia’s website, app and social media accounts. The Digital Content Creator will ensure day-to-day editorial maintenance of those platforms and work with partners on content distribution. Responsibilities Independently create timely, relevant, written content on an active news desk by monitoring news sources, identifying subjects, and writing enticing headlines and stories. Select proper complementary content such as photos and video, and crafting social media messaging that draws traffic and followersCoordinate with the Senior Editor, NBC Sports Philadelphia colleagues and the NBC Sports digital team on best practices for the display and distribution of content Participate in developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient workflow in a fast-paced content operationWork with internal and external distribution partners to maximize the reach of NBC Sports Philadelphia contentEdit content from NBC Sports Philadelphia team members to ensure a consistent and appropriate voice, tone and appearance that speaks with our fans.Ensure all content, regardless of platform, meets NBC Sports Philadelphia standards for journalistic integrity and production qualityProperly prioritize production of content and ensure all has a consistent "feel," and is engaging, accurate, informative and current on all platformsWork with programming and production colleagues to execute editorial strategies and packagesBasic Qualifications
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience creating written content for a sports publication or other professional publication
- Proven writing and editing skills, in terms of quality and proficiency, with a strong knowledge of AP style and SEO. Experience producing content in fast-paced news environments a plus.
- Excellent news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Experience effectively working with corporate accounts a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also is able to work effectively within a team environment
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, and have a proven track record in multitasking effectively
- Must be able to work days and nights, as well as weekends and holidays, as needed
- Strong knowledge of Philadelphia teams, sports betting, general sports, and what content drives fan interest
- Basic understanding of HTML and web video editing tools
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.