Special Events Manager
- Full Time
Alison Mazzola Communications, Inc. ("AMC") is a boutique public relations and special events agency that specializes in luxury lifestyle brands, with an emphasis in nonprofit, home and the arts (www.mazzpr.com.) It is led by the founder, Alison Mazzola, who spearheads successful PR campaigns and special events for each of the company’s clients.
Our firm is seeking an experienced events professional with significant nonprofit experience to serve as Events Manager overseeing a portfolio of nonprofit, luxury lifestyle and design accounts. Reporting to the President/Founder, the Events Manager will serve as the lead for event planning, management and production. She/he will prioritize, execute and manage multiple events including the annual benefit gala for our firm’s largest nonprofit account and other special events throughout the year. She/he must have a keen eye for detail, a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude and the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be creative, hands-on and entrepreneurial with the ability to execute high-quality events that meet or exceed benchmarks established by the client and AMC. The Events Manager will be dedicated, organized and possess exemplary relationship building skills.
- Develop and execute the overall planning and management of events from concept to completion including budget management, vendor management, timeline development and coordination, on-site event management and post-event evaluation.
- Partner directly with clients. Build and maintain a strong and collaborative working relationship with clients.
- Participate in event meetings and conference calls with clients/client staff, event planning committees and vendors.
- Responsible for vendor management including sourcing and selection, contract negotiation and delivery of services according to budget and schedule.
- Manage and track creative materials and approvals.
- Coordinate and supervise freelance event staff and photographers.
- Provide proactive problem solving while managing event logistics including catering, registration, volunteers, staffing and talent, transportation, and hotel as necessary.
- Track and report event budget.
- Coordinate post-event analytics/evaluation to include return on investment analytics to ensure continued success and sustainability of events.
- Maintain current knowledge of the event industry and thorough awareness of key luxury vendors. Remain up-to-date on new event spaces in suitable locations.
- 20% travel.
- B.A./B.S. required.
- Minimum of three years post-collegiate experience in events management with a proven track record of executing high profile events.
- Nonprofit and luxury brands experience (design/lifestyle/consumer goods), or a related field.
- Proven track record of ability to multi-task, remain organized when facing multiple priorities with competing time and resource needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently with clients.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Robust time management and follow through skills with attention to detail.
Please include salary requirements with your cover letter. We regret that we will be unable to respond to each applicant. We will only contact candidates being considered for interviews. No phone calls please.