Sr Product Mgr
- Full Time
Cox Automotive is seeking a Senior Product Manager for a full-time position in Austin, TX as part of our Pricing, Data, and Incentives Release Train within Inventory Software Solutions (ISS) with support for the vAuto and Homenet, and Cox Automotive Rebates and Incentives (CAR&I) brands.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Product Management (DPM) on the definition of product strategies, vision and planning of all assigned products and then will lead the products execution throughout the life cycle. The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for analyzing existing and new technologies as well as staying in tune with current market developments and conducting competitive analysis. As a function of this role you will gather and prioritize product and customer requirements while working closely with the product manager / product owner to develop technical specifications according to current needs, and support the product’s ongoing maintenance and enhancements. As a Sr. Product Manager you will also partner with the software engineering development team in overseeing and approving productdesigns, enhancements, and quality to optimize customer value and align with the Cox Automotive vision. Additionally, you will interface with customers, sales and marketing to drive product direction and confirm capabilities meet market needs, to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are exceeded.
- In conjunction with the Director of Product Management, defines product vision, strategy and product planning and execution for entire assigned products throughout the product life cycle
- Deliver product vision, project goals, release goals/acceptance criteria and desired business outcomes and prioritized features and products to be worked on to Product Mangers / Product Owners and Scrum Managers to enable successful functional design and product development
- Track market trends and competitive offerings; interface with customers and others to drive product direction and ensure capabilities meet market needs and customer goals.
- Lead the full product lifecycle from research and design through development and launch.
- Work closely with clients and customers, other Product Managers, Architects, UX, Operations, Customer Support, and other stakeholders to build the product backlog and roadmap.
- Responsible for working closely with all stakeholders (to ensure their interests are included in the release) and the team (to make sure the release is developed by the deadline and within budget).
- Formulate new product concepts or product enhancements to existing products to deliver on product revenue goals
- Builds and confirms the new product business case and vision with stakeholders
- Assists and leads enabling the requirements definition by Product Mangers/Owners
- Measures and assesses client satisfaction with new product/project introductions
- Maintain a product road-map for owned products
- Monitor product financial, sales, and marketing metrics, interpret the data for trends, and formulate any corrective action for product performance
- Collects and analyzes customer preferences and needs to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand. Conducts market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization.
- Analyze existing and new technologies as well as market developments and competition and work with SPM to develop product technical specifications and requirements according to needs
- Identify improvements and changes in process, packaging, positioning, messaging, and targeting in order to enhance product revenues and direct cost attributed to product
- Manage enhancement requests to current product lineup to affect product fit in the current year
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degrees a plus.
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience in a software development organization required. Product Manager / Product Owner experience a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) required. SAFe experience and Agile certifications (e.g., CSM, CSPO) a plus.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills and ability to relate with and understand business audience and develop technology solutions
- Experience delivering software and leveraging cloud-based technologies/services
- Possess ability to relate with and understand business audience and develop technology solutions (a blend of both business and technical skills)
- Experienced working with software engineering teams on complex products and working through all phases of development cycle in order to deliver product to market
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where information must be readily digested and decisions made expeditiously
- Proactive problem solving skills and the ability to balance multiple complex initiatives and tasks
- Strong understanding of development processes, quality assurance, and project management methodologies
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, analytical, and listening skills.
- Market research experience.
- Solid judgment, ability to negotiate, resolve conflict and collaborate are necessary.
- Ability to prioritize among competing objectives toward the fulfillment of goals.
- Automotive industry experience a plus.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.