PT Digital Content Producer
- Full Time
Reporting to the Digital Content Manager, the Part-Time Digital Content Producer will post content to the station’s website, mobile apps and tablet apps, while also sharing news and information on the station’s social media pages. The successful candidate will also be responsible for sending out breaking email, text and push alerts. The Digital Content Producer must have a strong journalistic background, excellent writing skills and a passion for news coverage on all platforms. The successful candidate will have a track record of using metrics to maximize content that is most popular and posting to social media in a way that generates engagement. This is a part-time position that requires a willingness to work flexible days/hours and/or weekends.
- Produce and write stories for all station digital platforms
- Send Breaking News Email, Text Messages and Push Alerts
- Share information on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms in a way that informs and generates conversation
- Digitize video from news reports, feeds from reporters in the field and feeds from content partners
- Write and edit text taken from scripts and wires
- Create slideshows from stills captured from video feeds
- Coordinate User Generated Content on station’s digital platforms
- Understand and Use Metrics to maximize most popular content
- Work flexible schedule that includes, nights, weekends, and
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Must have strong writing skills as well as an understanding of breaking email, text and push alerts
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms is crucial
- Must be familiar with basic HTML coding and use of a publishing system
- Must also have working knowledge of Photo Shop and the use of video editing software
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, loosely structured, growing and changing work environment
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a positive attitude
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.