Visual Communications Designer
- Full Time
The Visual Communications Designer will be a
key member of the digital communications team and public affairs department.
S/he will be responsible for creating engaging graphic designs, video content
and intranet web design for internal clients and providing consultative
expertise as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) around content design. The visual
communications designer will be charged with maintaining overall visual
consistency throughout all internal communications channels, video messaging
and design of intranet content, while successfully promoting visual
communications, user experience and channel engagement.
- Graphic design, digital video, web and PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinates and maintains the creation of a consistent, appealing and engaging visual design for Cox’s social intranet site.
- Assists authoring and proper use of cross-channels for company news and information.
- Supports department-specific and enterprise-wide site page design and usability.
- Works closely with key stakeholders (e.g., HR, Marketing and Sales, Customer Care, Field Services, Risk and Legal, executives and administrative staff) to understand their needs and design effective content to achieve their goals
- Translates user needs and business goals into effective graphic design, video and presentations.
- Designs original content in the form of infographics, one-pagers, intranet training guides, videos, etc.
- Supports key leadership with graphic and video support for presentations, meetings and live events.
- Manages the CoxOne digital image library ensuring that photos are correctly named and categorized.
- Supervises and executes on the digital graphics request queue/inbox for digital communications requests.
- Works with digital video from pre to post-production, including; working with writers, storyboarding, scheduling, studio setup, lighting, shooting, editing, color grading, chroma-keying, transcoding and uploading to video sharing site.
- 5 or more years of experience designing visual communications in a corporate environment with experience implementing within a web or intranet environment; 3 or more years of experience if the candidate possesses an advanced degree.
- Understanding of common web technology (HTML5, CSS) with a firm knowledge of web design and
- Ability to create visual design comps as well as wireframes for new intranet pages.
- Artistically talented, creative and detail oriented
- Highly experienced with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office 365 applications and presentation software.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint application and functionality.
- High level of comfort with social software and other web-based technologies.
- Proficient in motion graphics design (After Effects/Motion), video production, and sound editing.
- Knowledge of SharePoint functionality strongly desired.
- Knowledge of live meeting/event graphics support and technology strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically, including high levels of self-direction, innovation and imagination.
in related discipline strongly desired.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.