Senior Specialist, Digital Communications
- Full Time
The Senior Specialist, Digital Communications will help manage the day-to-day
operations of CCI’s award-winning social intranet, CoxOne, and communications channels. This person will be responsible for maintaining the site’s overall visual design branding (i.e., consistency, effectiveness and content); user engagement adoption; governance; and functionality. He/she will work closely with the Internal Communications team on content placement and execution of strategic content delivery. As a key part of the Digital Communications team, he/she will assist in all aspects of content delivery across channels including, but not limited to, company intranet, broadcast email system, digital monitors, and internal social channels.
He/she will also be relied upon as a subject matter expert that contributes to
broader goals of the Public Affairs department.
- Coordinates and maintains the consistent and effective presentation of content for Cox’s intranet.
- Assists in managing the homepage and workspace to maintain a proper balance of content and tools.
user-generated content for appropriateness and consistency.
- Assists monitoring analytics and reports back to the Public Affairs team to determine trends and opportunities.
- Coordinates and implements governance oversight on intranet content.
- Coordinates with content owners to ensure the consistency of look and message delivery.
- Supports departmental intranet group owners across the enterprise in maintaining active
- In conjunction with Training Management & Development, develops a robust training curriculum section on CoxOne and keeps up-to-date with all new releases.
- Coordinates CoxOne communications to administrators and site owners.
- Manages CoxOne mailbox and IT helpdesk for incoming channel/site requests.
- Works directly with the Public Affairs team to create and deliver successful employee communications in a variety of digital channels.
- Helps create digital content in partnership with the internal and external communications teams for employee consumption.
- Partners with regional communicators to help deliver regional content through Public Affairs digital channels.
- Drives user adoption for the Yammer social platform (Microsoft’s internal social platform).
- Develops video scripting and content for select employee-based video programs.
- 2 or more years of experience working with digital channels such as intranets, collaboration software and broadcast email systems (MailChimp, EmailOpen, etc.).
- Understanding of the components of common web technology (e.g., HTML) with a solid knowledge of web design, graphics and knowledge management.
- Knowledge of SharePoint functionality strongly desired.
- Experienced with elements of Adobe Creative Suite and Office 365.
- Strong project management skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Copy editing and web writing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Communications, Marketing, Business, etc.).
- 4 to 5 years of experience managing intranets, collaboration software and broadcast email systems.
- High level of comfort with social software and other web-based technologies.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and the suite of cloud-based applications.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.