The Sales Planner is an integral member of the NBC Sports Philadelphia sales team. Reporting to the Cross-Platform Sales Manager, the Sales Planner will be responsible for managing the day-to-day partner relationships and sales processes to support the overall sales team revenue goals. As a member of a highly motivated sales team, the Sales Planner will support both local and digital sales efforts from an administrative perspective where account relationship building and customer satisfaction are the keys to being successful in this role.ResponsibilitiesSupport Vice President of Sales, Local Sales Manager and Cross Platform Sales ManagerUnderstand the general nature of the business from the agency to client side including their goals and objectivesWork with the Cross-Platform Sales Manager to create strategic sales proposals, template media plans and presentations and effective go to market tools for the sales teamManage sponsorships grids to track inventory and serve as the liaison between account executives and management to ensure the grids are up to date.Manage the collection of linear and digital assets for all campaign to ensure all assets are in-house prior to the start to the start campaign. Communicate campaign deliverables to Cross Platform Sales Manager to ensure that all campaigns are fully executedAssist Managers and Account Executives in utilizing the database for tracking opportunities and pending businessMonitor active linear & digital campaigns to ensure delivery and make performance recommendations and optimizations if necessary.Complete custom reporting requests and post-campaign recaps summarizing campaign performance for clients.Execute any client sponsored sweepstakes, including securing legal approvals, production of promotional material, and prize fulfillmentUtilize research tools to understand audience metrics, market trends, and work with research department, and marketing liaison to develop new opportunities and tools for the Sales team.Manage client relationships and deliver superior customer serviceOrganize and plan any client events or tripsProvide support for other assistants in the department as neededBasic Qualifications
- BA/BS from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a sales environment
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates project management skills
- Well-organized and attention to detail
- Strong data entry and computer skills, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment
- High energy and teamwork mentality
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Digital Media Industry experience preferred
- Ad Serving software and tracking knowledge is a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.