Part-Time Traffic Announcer
- Full Time
This position requires a flexible schedule and may include work during any hour of the day, any day of the week. The successful candidate writes, produces, broadcasts Atlanta traffic reports and information on radio, digital and social media, occasionally on WSB-TV, and occasionally on CMG Atlanta music stations.
• Making calls, listening to scanners and monitoring traffic cameras to prepare and execute up-to-date live traffic reports for more than one Atlanta radio station.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, work independently on broadcast copy and deliver
multiple reports either solo or in the body of a newscast multiple times an hour.
• Candidate must be proficient with computers and broadcast equipment including microphone, audio editing software, and.
• On-air implementation and execution of special coverage, digital production, producing, writing, screening phone calls, social media, and web-site and texting
platform knowledge other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:• One to five years anchor and/or journalism experience
• Passion and enthusiasm for serving the public and helping the WSB Traffic Team achieve
and surpass its goals to provide the best product.
• Must provide resume of past applicable experience and demo of either past on-air work or recorded reports.
• Strong computer skills (email internet, social media) and be able to perform deliver
customer service at the highest level.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or similar field or equivalent experience.
• Five or more years' experience reporting or other applicable experience.
• Demonstrated radio reporting and production skills
• Ready to train in providing live reports and host two-way
Job Requirements- Knowledge and/or Specific Skills Necessary to do the Job:
• Demonstrated radio reporting, digital news and production skills.
• Strong writing, reporting and anchoring skills.
• Professional on-air delivery.
• Ability to perform a variety of assignments well and completely.
• Ability to use sound, when available, to create scenes that engage the listener and convey the emotion of the story
• Ability to consistently produce timely and substantive reports on a tight deadline.
• Fully competent in use of recording and production equipment
• Ability to work simultaneously on short and long-term projects
• Compelling story teller
• Capacity to report complex stories quickly- quick turnaround
• Ability to deliver stories authoritatively, competently
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.