eBook Account Manager
- Full Time
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC.
The Macmillan Sales Division is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter to join a small but dynamic team, managing key eBook retail accounts and collaborating with Macmillan’s wholly-owned publishers and distribution clients on promotional opportunities. The ideal candidate is adept at thinking outside the box, unfazed by public speaking, can navigate challenges and obstacles with poise, and thrives at bringing assignments to fruition with minimal supervision.
• Own the relationship with the merchandising personnel at top level eBook accounts.
• Run monthly account calls updating retailers on recent sales, publicity and marketing initiatives
• Liaise with Macmillan’s marketing groups to coordinate eBook-specific promotional efforts across retailers -- and communicate recaps of the results.
• Succinctly communicate key selling points, marketing and publicity for top frontlist releases
• Assess retailers’ strengths and exploit opportunities to promote a broad swath of titles--both new releases and key backlist.
• Analyze data and generate strategies accordingly
• Actively participate in publishers’ sales and marketing meetings
• Collaborate with digital marketing and the physical / audio sales forces on cross-format initiatives
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Astute interpersonal skills to effectively interact with publishers and vendors in situations ranging from sales and marketing meetings, business reviews and title presentations
• Excellent time management skills and ability to shift priorities in a fast paced environment
• Take initiative and meet deadlines with excellent follow-through
• Ability to think creatively, generate strategies and adapt to changing conditions
• While technical knowledge is not a requirement for this position, familiarity with the digital landscape, eBook retailers and devices will be helpful
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office. HTML skills are a bonus.
• Passion for books, of course
• 3 - 5 years of professional work experience, ideally in the publishing industry – or field that cultivates transferable skills
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter. Thanks!