Digital Media Specialist
- Full Time
The Digital Media Specialist will work directly with Digital Strategy and Social Media Director. The candidate will manage multiple social media accounts, execute the EWTN News Digital Strategy and provide assistance in creating comprehensive analytical and data visualizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute strategies that build brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and increase audience acquisition.
- Think strategically and provide ongoing feedback to improve processes and best practices
- Analyze social media opportunities and make recommendations as to how to best maximize them.
- Create multimedia content
- Review and copy edit content on a daily basis.
- Execute search engine and social media optimization (SEO and SMO).
- Create and manage campaigns and promotions.
- Stay current with social media trends, tools and best practices.
- Research and test new social platforms.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the field of journalism.
- Supports the mission and teachings of the Church, and the mission of EWTN News.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multi-task, manage several projects simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work successfully in teams.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources.
- Good technical understanding and can learn new hardware and software quickly.
- Journalism, public relations, marketing, community management experience.
- Flexible work schedule with the willingness to work some nights and weekends.
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus: Italian or Spanish.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, marketing, media or similar discipline applicable for a news environment.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.