Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal is looking for a detail-oriented manager to lead the data quality and governance operations for NBCUniversal’s upcoming streaming service to drive a unified data strategy for Direct-to-Consumer systems.
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team, the Manager of Data Quality/Governance will be responsible for ensuring a high level of consumer data quality and integrity is maintained across Direct-to-Consumer systems, while championing the protection of the data in line with regulatory and legal requirements. Working closely with Privacy Counsel and a wide range of internal stakeholders, this position will define and implement strategies to achieve the above goals; as well as, own the development and oversight of the tactical day-to-day data management processes. These strategies and processes will govern consumer data throughout the data lifecycle.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Develop and execute a data quality/governance program to include but not limited to:
Policy and standards associated with business unit data assetsAlignment and standardization of data stewardship roles and responsibilitiesDevelopment and coordination of technology strategy to enable preventative and detective Data Governance controlsFacilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards and adoptions requirements across the enterpriseCreation and ongoing support of cross-functional policy making teams
Defining roles and responsibilities related to consumer data governance and establish standard operating procedures for data stewardshipDefining quality and protection KPIs to measure against objectivesEnsuring clear accountability for proper stewardship of consumer information throughout the data lifecycleAssisting in developing additional safeguards to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations, including VPPA, COPPA, GDPR, CCPA and othersPartner with stakeholders and implementation specialist during the data onboarding phase on various projects, providing analysis and sharing best practices.Accountable for the active management of data quality program activities; which includes evaluating large datasets for quality and accuracy; proactively identifying, addressing and resolving reconcilable discrepancies through daily data analysisWork closely with product, analytics and other required team to improve data quality and contribute directly to development by participating in feedback sessionsDefine and operationalize processes to continuously monitor and quality check data completeness and accuracyDevelop a complete inventory of data clean up reports and define the cadence for producing them and addressing uncovered issues
• BA/BS in technical or quantitative discipline or significant relevant work experience
• 5+ years of primary experience in defining, documenting and implementing Data Quality/Governance best practices, policies & procedures, preferably with consumer data in a large organization
• 1+ years of project management experience working within or leading a high-profile initiative
• Experience with statistical and data manipulation and visualization tools such as Python, SQL, Tableau etc.
• A strong professional background in data manipulation, data analytics, and/or system analysis
• Experience of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of product content data (streaming media a plus)
• Experience working successfully with stakeholders and partner teams to translate business needs into governance structure
• Understanding of consumer privacy statutes and be current on data trends and legal implications
• Experience with data across the consumer journey from lead to subscription/order.
• Highly detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy with data management
• A good understanding of data distribution/ interfacing methods & technologies including flat versus structured data methods
• Knowledge of data related emerging trends and issues
• Ability to collaborate and work in partnership with different parts of the organization
• Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive your own projects
• A passion for TV and movies and defining the future of entertainment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.