HollywoodLife: Weekend Editor
- Full Time
HollywoodLife: Weekend Editor
Hollywood Life is adding to staff in its fast-paced and fun NYC newsroom. We are seeking a weekend editor who is passionate about entertainment and celebrity news, with a strong news sense, who will lead a team of writers. The weekend editor will work Wednesday – Sunday 8:30am to 5:30pm ET and will also be available to work during award shows, holidays, and breaking news.
This position requires the editor work from the HollywoodLife office on weekdays and from their own home office on weekends.
- Lead a team of weekend writers covering the news in an extremely fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Write 6-9 celebrity, entertainment and world news posts a day on WordPress, quickly, cleanly and accurately during the week
- Find breaking celebrity and entertainment news on other sites and social media and write captivating headlines for them
- The hired candidate will be knowledgeable in SEO best practices and apply these skills to each post
- Come up with interesting and creative photo packages and story ideas to generate reader interest
- Candidate will be expected to have extensive knowledge about celebrity and entertainment news
- Strong social media skills imperative
- Will work with the Hollywoodlife.com team on award and special event nights - mostly in office and sometimes at home.
- May also at times be called upon after hours to write along with rest of the team when there is huge breaking news
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as an editor at a digital site, preferably covering celebrity and/or entertainment news, writing multiple posts a day
- Experience and proficiency writing in WordPress
- Knowledge of celebrity and entertainment news
- Relentless enthusiasm and can do attitude
- Must be able to work in an extremely fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Reporting skills are a plus
- Experience doing SEO on posts is a plus
- Social media skills - proficiency using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and keeping on top of news generated on these platforms is very important
Led by Bonnie Fuller, Hollywood Life captures and celebrates the essence of the celebrity Hollywood lifestyle, news, beauty, style, culture, and entertainment. Stars entertain, but they also inspire and profoundly influence what women see, hear, do, buy, and share. Women identify with celebrities - their trials, triumphs, relationships, and romances, obsessions, and diversions. Stars are role models. Hollywood Life plays a starring role in their daily lives. Hollywood Life doesn't just report the scoop; Hollywood Life relates it to women's personal lives, allowing real women to connect through the lens of celebrity.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.