Rolling Stone: Account Executive
- Full Time
Rolling Stone: Account Executive
Rolling Stone is hiring an experienced Sales Executive to leverage and sell Rolling Stone’s robust offering across Print, Digital, Social, and Experiential. The ideal candidate will have strong experience selling digital media, branded/custom content programs, and events. Experience selling multi-platform integrated ad programs is a plus, but not required. He or she must be able to creatively formulate and pitch custom concepts and should have existing agency and client relationships in the Los Angeles Market, with contacts across West Coast accounts a plus.
- Active engagement in all stages of the advertising (print and digital), sponsorship, and events sales cycle, from prospecting to developing customer rapport, onto closing business and servicing/managing accounts.
- Closing direct deals with agency planning teams while also evangelizing Rolling Stone’s programmatic (PMP) offering in collaboration with the programmatic team.
- Fostering relationships across media, marketing, events, and analytics stakeholders to ensure strong ties at multiple levels, including key client and agency decision makers to increase consideration, budget allocation and expansion opportunities.
- 10-12 outbound sales calls per week in the Los Angeles territory building relationships, creating awareness and – most importantly – generating net revenue.
- Management of RFP’s and proactive pitches including the preparation of proposals, presentations and excel media plans in collaboration with Account Management, Advertising Sales and Marketing and Ad Ops teams.
- 5+ years of experience selling digital/print advertising and integrated programs; recent online sales experience required
- Strong knowledge of the LA market and its potential for revenue
- Comfortable with selling custom content and integrated partnership programs beyond banner advertisements (past online agency media planning/buying experience preferred but not required)
- Proficient at Power Point, Excel, and Salesforce
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.