Variety: Account Executive
- Full Time
Variety: Account Executive
Variety is hiring an Account Executive as Manager, Consumer Brand Partnerships. The Manager of Consumer Brand Partnerships is responsible for driving digital, social, branded content and experiential revenue growth by developing and implementing effective integrated sales strategy and programs. The Manager will open doors and break new accounts that span across multiple industries including Automotive, CPG, Financial Services, Travel and Technology.
We are looking for an integrated seller with a history of exceeding revenue targets. We are seeking a seller who does not shy away from large, complex deals with clients directly or with key agency stakeholders. Someone in a client-facing role at a media company, digital agency, or PR firm would have the right experience.
- Generate revenue through digital, experiential, custom/branded content sales and print
- Proactively build and maintain a pipeline of sales targets, contacts and sales opportunities
- Initiate/grow/maintain new and existing client and agency relationships
- Develop integrated 360 client/agency pitches that include display, video and mobile including experiential and custom content integrations
- Collaborate with dedicated media planner on RFP responses
- Work with marketing/production to ideate event sponsorship ideas for proprietary and custom event offerings
- Rate negotiation, cross brand marketing solutions, and product innovation
- Build deeper relationships and awareness at both agencies and clients on Variety offerings
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Relationships that span across multiple categories
- Superior communication and negotiation skills with the ability to come up with creative concepts
- Ability to navigate internal relationships and work in partnership with other sellers
- Willingness to travel for meetings and events as needed (approximately 30-40%), entertain clients and attend industry events outside of work office hours.
Recognized and respected throughout the world as the definitive voice of the entertainment industry, Variety has been the premier source of entertainment news for over a century. Since 1905, the most influential leaders and decision makers in entertainment have turned to Variety for timely, credible and straightforward news, analysis and perspective — taking our readers behind the cameras, curtains and screens of film, television, theatre and digital media with our unique, award-winning combination of breaking news reporting, insightful deep dive think pieces and engaging, must-read feature spotlights. Variety’s commitment to our community- covering its successes and failures in equal measure- is unparalleled both domestically, in our US entertainment capitals, and abroad, across the rapidly changing international entertainment landscape.
About the Company:
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.