Director, Enterprise Strategy
- Full Time
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and utilize industry, competitive and general economic knowledge to make strategic recommendations or identify risks/opportunities for Cox Automotive pertaining to data related business opportunities with 3rd Parties
- Establish oneself as the main business contact for all data related syndication and acquisition opportunities that involve 3rd Parties
- Develop, lead and maintain investment case analysis
- Partner with solution group leadership teams to provide data insights on emerging business models and technologies to inform strategies that lead to external solutions to immediate & long term challenges related to 3rd Parties.
- Partner with key stakeholders on new data related growth partnerships, competitive landscape and execution of new business development relationships
- Create and execute a collaborative innovation model to develop data related partnerships with 3rd Parties that will build knowledge, influence strategy, and create new business opportunities in adjacencies to our core businesses.
- Develop and Lead a Data Strategy for Data related initiatives pertaining to 3rd Parties that aligns with the Cox Automotive Consolidated Strategy
- Develop market analyses, theses, and decision frameworks for strategic data focus areas that involve 3rd Parties
- Source and identify attractive data related investment and partnership opportunities with 3rd Parties
- Develop, evolve and execute an enterprise data strategy pertaining to data acquisition and syndication for 3rd Parties
- Assess and rationalize CA data sources, and continually research next generation data sources
- Define strategic data needs across Cox Automotive that pertain to 3rd Parties
- Develop and execute a data acquisition and syndication roadmap of initiatives pertaining to 3rd Parties based on the overall data strategy
- Define, maintain and execute our future state vision for potential data acquisitions and syndication needs pertaining to 3rd Parties
- Negotiate new data contracts and renegotiate/terminate existing contracts as needed working with Legal and business partners for data initiatives pertaining to 3rd Parties
- Communicate contract terms/usage rights to Cox Automotive Corporate and business users
- Lead the preparation of communications, meeting materials, and formal meeting summary deliverables that drive the data acquisition roadmap forward
- Work across multi-functional teams in order to leverage expertise from the broader organization, gathering strategic feedback and support necessary to coordinate efforts in deploying initiatives
- Ability to leverage strategic and analytical skills to effectively consult/communicate with leadership on data acquisition initiatives
- Support industry and customer-facing strategy communication
- Performs business sector analysis including analysis of competitors and operational effectiveness as it pertains to potential acquisition and syndication opportunities with 3rd Parties
- Assist development of strategic analysis for decision support that drives successful investment decisions and operational efficiencies
- Manage, mentor, and coach director level employees, as well as, senior level individual contributors directly and indirectly in a growing, fast paced environment
- Drive employee education and engagement of the 10-year vision for Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.