Senior Director Product Management
- Full Time
The Senior Director - Product Management is responsible for partnering with business leaders, technology leaders, and other stakeholders to champion the strategy, design, development, launch, and management of products that delight clients and team members, while also meeting strategic and financial business objectives.
This leader will always be strengthening her/his understanding of our clients and team-members, their needs, and the factors that drive their behavior. This leader will focus on developing team members into strategic product leaders of the future, bringing a balance of strategic creativity, clear thinking, and attention to detail to the role. This person will need to be courageous, challenging the status quo with an open, honest, and direct style that is effective in building trust and relationships. Must be willing to operate and lead in a fast-paced, agile environment that values results.
- Lead the overall management of current Cox Automotive NextGear Capital products through the full product lifecycle, including the creation and execution of new products and features as well as enhancements, extensions and retirements of existing products
- Drive an operating model that ensures agile product delivery teams have the clarity and support they need to maximize product value and overall return on investment
- Set strategic direction for products in partnership with other business, sales, marketing and Cox Auto Product Group leaders
- Partner and collaborate closely with leaders, P&L Owners, Technology, Marketing, Client Success, Sales, and Operations Support partners and other Cox Auto Product Group leaders to ensure successful product strategy, design, delivery, and implementation efforts
- Inspire and challenge the team to achieve more than they think is possible in the long run, ensuring that goals are ambitious yet achievable
- Ensure the team is delivering on targeted financial, strategic, and operational commitments
- Maintain an understanding of competitive position, target market and overall industry landscape; work to define and create the best products possible
- Leverage in-depth understanding of our product capabilities and product offerings as well as marketplace trends to inform and help guide our overall product strategy in a rapidly changing digital landscape
- Contribute to Cox Automotive Product thought leadership through participation in cross-division work groups
- Foster effective business relationships with all internal and external partners, vendors and stakeholder
- Grow the capabilities of the product management discipline at NextGear Capital
- Actively develop talent within the product organization and create bench strength for all product teams including immediate succession
- 10+ years’ experience in Business Operations, Product Development, Software Engineering, Marketing or related functions, with at least 5 years experience in a leadership role.
- Must be a proactive, decisive leader who takes initiative and demonstrates a high level of accountability to create a high-energy, accountable environment to which high performers gravitate
- Leadership experience building and leading high performing teams at the executive level that consistently met or exceeded team and business goals in sophisticated, fast-paced, high change, matrixed organizations
- Must possess the vision and understanding to effectively lead teams to consistently deliver exceptional product experiences to clients
- Foundational understanding of agile software development principles
- Must be forward-thinking and anticipate content trends in the automotive industry and wholesale space
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Exceptional leadership, management, motivational, and teamwork skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization at all levels
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in highly matrixed organizations
- Ability to simplify complex ideas into component parts to communicate a vision effectively and efficiently
- Must have a high sense of urgency and tenacity to achieve goals
- Must be able to travel as needed, typically 25% of the time
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.