Advertising Sales Account Executive
- Full Time
J. The Jewish News of Northern California, a multi-media Bay Area news organization serving the Jewish community, has an opening in our sales department and is seeking an experienced account executive to sell both print and digital advertising.
The Account Executive reports directly to the Publisher and will be joining our team at an exciting and critical moment in our long history, and will play a key role in the transformation of community-based media in the Bay Area. We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, talented individual to contribute to this next chapter. The position is based in our San Francisco financial district office. We are looking for someone with an established record of sales success, preferably with local Bay Area businesses.
The J. sales team works collaboratively and enjoys great flexibility in their sales efforts. The new salesperson will be inheriting a signifcant existing book of business and will have the opportunity to take on new categories and territories as well. For the appropriately experienced and motivated salesperson, there is the ability to work remotely several days a week on a flexible schedule.
J. has three principle platforms, all of which provide ad sales opportunities: a bi-weekly newspaper, a robust website and serveral weekly e-newsletters, all of which enjoy a deep level of engagement. J. reaches an audience of over 150,000 readers monthly through these outlets.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The account executive will be responsible for calling on local clients in the Bay Area, with a focus on non-profits, real estate, food, travel, retail and the arts, with an emphasis on expanding our digital revenue. Building new business by prospecting, networking and making presentations is essential. Experience selling local media is preferred. This position can be full or part-time. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Identifying and researching new potential advertisers and developing marketing strategies to help them reach J.’s audience and grow their business.
- Developing a presentation that incorporates digital, email and print products in our suite of marketing opportunities.
- Collaborating with our art department on creating ad campaigns for our clients.
- Working closely with the Publisher on new business development, with a plan and strategy to achieve desired results.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and provide updates on ad sales priorities.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
· General sales or media sales experience working with non-profit, local and some national clients.
· Print and digital ad sales experience is a plus.
- Strong and persuasive presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship building – internally and externally.
- Strong sense of team and collaboration and the ability to inspire those working with you toward accomplishing common objectives.
- The ability to work independently as well as in close coordination with others.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of the organization and nonprofit journalism.
- Some knowledge of the Bay Area Jewish community.
To apply, email a cover letter and your resume with the words ‘Ad Sales Position’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Advertising Sales Account Executive
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly