- Full Time
A News Producer consistently crafts memorable newscasts. They own breaking news inside newscasts and in extended coverage. They fully understand numerous measurable's and work to deliver on them each day. In addition, producers must have an understanding of coverage on all platforms and are expected to help generate enterprise story ideas.
- Communicates with reporters and assignment desk to develop storytelling within broadcast
- Writes broadcast including intro’s and tags creating a cohesive storytelling show
- Works with executive producer to execute daily shows
- Ability to prioritize assignments
- Participates in daily editorial meetings
- Commands control in control room by communicating clear vision to production team and anchors
- Builds relationships with all team members proactively including anchors and meteorologist
- Understands and executes station research
- Assists in the production of special projects and other content related to program and/or station
- Performs other duties as assigned Balance of strong journalist skills, ability to execute action plans and creative vision to support strong show delivery
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast content
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree preferredExperience in a working newsroom preferred
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.