Client Data Specialist
- Full Time
The Client Data Specialist will be part of the Client Data Governance (CDG) Team and will share in the responsibility of the creation and maintenance of client master data (i.e Dealers, Dealer Groups, Partners) within the Business Unit’s internal systems (SVOC, Dealertrack, OVC). In this role you will support the organization by exercising control to “police” the integrity, accuracy and standardization of client data. The client master data creation and updating will be based on requests from internal clients, which include most of the business units in Cox Automotive. In this role, the Client Data Steward will need to apply proven analytical and critical thinking skills to each request to ensure the correct resolution is reached. The resolution may often be different than what was requested and could involve doing more than what was requested. The primary applications/software that will be used for performing these duties are Informatica Data Director (IDD), Dealertrack.com, Salesforce.com (SFDC), FastLane, Microsoft Outlook and the Internet. The Client Data Specialist will be held to a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for the creation and updating of client data.
- Understand how the client master data supports Cox Automotive and ensure any changes to the data will not have a negative impact to any business area.
- Analyze and resolve requests and ensure timely follow-through and completion in accordance with business rules and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Analyze requests for completeness and follow up with requester accordingly
- Analyze requests to reach proposed resolutions for the creation or update of a client record. This analysis includes validating the legitimacy of the customer, verifying the information requested is correct and determining whether or not the customer is already in internal system (SVOC, DT.com, OVC).
- Evaluate the Dealer/Lender Match automated process output and initiate requests to correct the Lender affiliation with the appropriate dealer account, when applicable. This involves analyzing the lenders information and determining the correct account it should be affiliated with in Dealertrack.com.
- Determine when other groups need to be engaged as part of the analysis and resolution process. Other groups include, but are not necessarily limited to, the various Cox Automotive business units, Billing, Product Management, Corporate Affairs, Credit & Collections, Inventory and Sales Operations.
- Resolve data quality exceptions, which are identified through monthly data quality reporting.
- Update progress of requests through usage of SFDC and status reporting using Microsoft Outlook tools
- Provide excellent customer service on all client requests and inquiries by owning the issue/question until resolution and following through with the client (internal to Cox Automotive)
Want to see our office?
Take a virtual tour of our Long Island office: https://bit.ly/2HQv2FkQualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
- Professional experience, preferably in business
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- High-level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to doing what it takes to meet SLA’s and other deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Excel experience needs to include ability to efficiently compare multiple files of data for the purposes of matching data, identifying duplicate data, etc.
- Proficiency in Internet searching
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. This includes knowing what type of communication (e.g., email, phone) is appropriate in any particular situation.
- Previous experience working effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of change.
- Confirmed ability to work in a team-based environment as well as independently with initiative.
- Illustrated time management, multi-tasking, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to identify and solve root causes
- Demonstrated professionalism in presentation, demeanor, and communication
- Ability to accommodate flexible hours and evening or weekend work as needed
- Knowledge of Master data and how it supports the business
- CRM knowledge a plus
- Automotive industry a plus
- Proficiency in Excel preferred
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.