Retail Store Manager II
- Full Time
At Cox, we connect people to the
things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is
looking for sharp talent to
join our team and be the voice of
The Retail Store
Manager II is responsible for managing all store operations including a team of sales and sales support employees with
the focus of driving sales of Cox
Services while keeping a laser focus on efficient operations to
ensure maximum profitability. Pro-actively monitors store revenues, store operational targets, customer
satisfaction, inventory and shrink. Responsible for assessing
local competitors, their assortments, and pricing trends to ensure their store
remains consumer relevant and competitively positioned.
the perfect career opportunity for sales-driven individuals with an
entrepreneurial spirit. Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a Retail Store Manager II. Keep reading to learn more and
Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource. To
demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
base salary plus unlimited commission potential
benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
Internet and other Cox discounted services
development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
career growth and promotional opportunities
Primary Responsibilities and
- Hires, trains, developments and disciplines store staff.
- Sets performance goals and objectives for the team as well as individual
- Facilitates weekly sales meetings to ensure sales associates are aligned
to corporate initiatives, including customer and product strategies.
- Manages against individual store revenue, operational, and customer
- Monitors Shrink at Store level, conducts exception analysis, and takes
- Assesses local competitive assortment and pricing trends and escalates
competitive discrepancies to leadership.
- Creates store labor plans based on corporate guidelines, seasonality, and
anticipated customer demand.
- Oversees daily cash handling and accounts payable.
- Partners with Corporate Cox to identify traffic trends to ensure
consistency with inventory requirements.
- Oversees store and sales floor inventory to ensure alignment with
Corporate store design strategy.
- Maintains current job knowledge through completion of on-going training
- Performs other duties as required.
- 7+ years relevant work experience.
- 5+ years retail sales experience.
- Experience managing P&L statements/budgets.
- Certification may be required in some areas.
- Time may be credited for college coursework in applying experience
BA/BS in business or related field preferred.
- 3+ years retail management with supervisory experience.
- Previous wireless retail experience preferred
- Willingness to work a flexible work schedule which may include evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid Driver’s License with driving record that meets Cox standards.
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.