- Full Time
Cox Media Group – Jacksonville has an opening for Executive Producer. This position will report to the News Director and have oversight of a team of producers, reporters, photographers and digital staff. The Executive Producer will be responsible for the oversight of relevant, well-paced memorable newscasts that have high production value. The successful candidate will excel at owning breaking news and showcasing investigative/ enterprise content. The Executive Producer will also ensure collaborative and effective news coverage and marketing across all platforms and use the station’s website, mobile apps and social media platforms to bring viewers to on-air newscasts. The candidate must be creative and able to work with a research-based framework.
- Oversee newscasts, making sure they meet research goals and the mission of Action News Jax to be the go-to source for weather, breaking news and daily investigative journalism.
- Supervise producers, making sure newscasts are filled with valuable content that is clear and easy to understand
- Ensure producers execute meter and quarter hour tease strategies
- Ensure newscasts regularly showcase and execute process language
- Copy edit newscasts and approve reporter scripts with fundamental journalistic and legal understanding
- Maximize graphics and pre-production elements for newscasts
- Attend editorial meetings and contribute story ideas
- Coordinate producer schedules, approve hours worked and PTO
- Develop and critique producers and set coverage expectations
- Conduct reviews of producers in collaboration with Multi-Platform Manager and News Director
- Understand brand and manage newscasts so product is consistent with brand
- Communicate daily with News Director and news management
- Work with news managers to craft special coverage plans
- Be the leader in wall-to-wall breaking news coverage
- Understand and execute research plans
- Look for opportunities for digital team to send push alerts back to our air and understand the strategies associated with push alerts
- Consistently integrate references/ pushes to our digital and social media products
Qualifications:Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, or Broadcast Journalism preferredFive years of experience working in fast-paced newsroom preferredOne year of management/ leadership experience preferredAbility to work in a team environment is essentialMust have strong people skills and ability to galvanize team toward common goal
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.