Digital Designer - Well+Good
- Full Time
WELL+GOOD: Defining and demystifying what it means to live a healthy life. We are looking for a creative, proactive, experienced Digital Designer to join our design team in our New York office.
Well+Good is your trusted advisor for navigating the ever expanding—and sometimes confusing—world of wellness. We define and demystify what it means to live a healthy life: breaking down both contemporary modalities and centuries-old traditions (yes, these can exist in harmony); calling—and—covering trends; and telling you what to skip altogether. Wherever you are on your own beautiful, busy, deliciously messy journey, Well+Good surfaces something real and applicable.
Leaf Group is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate App), and art and design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker). For more information about Leaf Group, visit www.leafgroup.com.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Design Director
A typical day as a Digital Designer might include:
- Manage and participate in ideation, creation and delivery of:
Co-branded assets (banners, emails, event materials, lockups, social, landing pages)
Imagery, custom graphics for editorial & branded content and program
Illustrations and infographics for editorial content & video
Art direction on branded photo shoots
You’ll be successful if you have a superb sense of typography, strong conceptual skills, attention to detail, and a deep understanding of the digital medium. This is a perfect position for an experienced designer who is passionate about health, wellness and communicating complex ideas, visually.
What You Have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 4 years experience in digital publishing or advertising agency environment with strong portfolio of work
- Expert in Adobe CC, Powerpoint
- Must have experience being the last touchpoint on creative & creating publish-ready content
- Detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate with all teams & voice ideas
- Extremely organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment / tight deadlines
- Strong Hand sketching / Illustrations abilities
- Ceros expertise a plus
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.