Manager, Data Science & Management Insights
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Provide business analysis and insights on new growth opportunities in digital media with a focus on digital advertising, consumer products, and digital video streaming in broadcasting, cable, film, news and, sports. Partner closely with digital strategy, finance & business development team to gather requirements. Build models to analyze ROI on TV content licensing deals and guild / residual / participant cost models for various levels of content exploitation.Create predictive models to support various digital TV entertainment forecasts and financial budgets including detailed forecasting of digital video metrics by series, season and episode, video starts, view-through, segment starts, minutes watched, ad impressions and average unique viewers.Analyze and create predictive models to support financial analysis of NBCU video performance on social platforms such as YouTube, Facebook Twitter and Instagram. Provide predictive analysis, A/B testing and data science for stakeholder teams. Continue to raise the bar and improve existing prediction models for digital TV entertainment specific issues such as optimizing MVPD authentication rates.Apply feature engineering and a deep understanding of the TV digital entertainment business to help optimize digital video recommendation engines and personalization algorithms on both ad supported and subscription supported video streaming platforms.Lead the build out of standardized reporting for multiple groups within the organization. Create requirements for new data sources and ETL for new reports. Help QA and ensure business definitions are accurate. Partner closely with the NBCD Data Engineering team to provide technical support, define use cases and guidance for key architectural decisions including: real-time processing, distributed computing, & containerized ML models.Track the progress and/or ROI on business initiatives through deep-dive analysis. Leverage estimations, third party data, and other resources to provide performance updates.Participate in daily scrums and AGILE process. Help maintain a backlog and document work in internal wiki. Communicate the result effectively through presentations and syndicated reports. Help regularly present findings in weekly and monthly meetings.
NBCU Digital Entertainment is looking for a motivated Manager of Data Science & Management Insights that can deliver results in a fast-paced digital group focused on TV entertainment. As the Manager of Data Science & Management Insights, you will play a key role in providing thought leadership and actionable insight. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with multiple levels of leadership within NBCU Digital Entertainment.
• Minimum 2 years of applied work experience in Data, Analytics and Data Science, in the digital division of a traditional TV & Film entertainment company
• Working knowledge and deep interest in relevant industry sectors: e.g. digital entertainment, digital advertising, consumer products, broadcasting, cable, film, television, sports and news
• BS/MS from a quantitative field from such as Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering. Master’s Degree a plus.
• Hands on experience analyzing and mining large datasets in SQL.
• Applied experience creating time-series forecasts in R and/or Python (i.e. ARIMA, Exponential Smoothing, etc.). Experience with ML, predictive modeling, classification models, and clustering a plus.
• Experience with BI visualization tools such as Domo, Tableau, Lookr, or Microstrategy.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Proven ownership abilities. Can deliver results with a sense of accountability and proactivity.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high throughput environment. Previous experience in Digital Entertainment, High Tech, or Digital Marketing industries is preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present findings to leadership and peers.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to partner and earn the trust of constituents.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.