Writer/Editor for Women's Empowerment Website
- Full Time
Want an opportunity to be mentored by a well known author, talk show host, successful businesswoman? If so, this is the job for you and will jump start your career to the next level. If you are a self-starter and want to be mentored by an inspiring leader, apply now.
WomenWorking.com is one of the premier sites for career women. The mission of our company is to empower women and girls. We are looking for a full time writer/editor/marketer. Our social media is off the charts. We have over 17,000,000 followers on Facebook as well as a thriving Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn community.
The position involves:
- Managing all day-to-day scheduling of content for website and social media. Recruiting, hiring and managing interns.
- Conceiving, writing and assigning articles to interns/contributors.
- Copy-editing all content for grammar and style.
- Monitoring content trends and analyzing page/social metrics daily.
- Brainstorming ways to expand social media reach and increase overall engagement.
- Building monthly newsletters as well as other marketing campaigns.
- Assisting with short video production
- Must be able to work on-site in New York City.
- Great writing and marketing skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Knowledge of social media channels and Wordpress, SEO and Photoshop skills a plus
Perks: Great mentorship and opportunity to develop your marketing skills. Excellent opportunity to learn all facets of the business. Direct feedback/critique from the founder, an Emmy award-winning television host/author. Small company with a pleasant office environment in Gramercy, NYC
- Send your resume
- Thoughtful cover letter addressed to Helene Lerner
- Three references of supervisors
- One writing sample in a word document - preferably a bulleted style, non-fiction article.
**MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON-SITE IN NYC!**
Apply for Writer/Editor for Women's Empowerment Website
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly