Posted: 9/12/2019 | Expires: 10/12/2019
Location: Washington D.C.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Part Time
Salary Description: Commensurate to experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, pro-active, and creative Freelance Editor to join our Washington Bureau for vacation and sick relief. As a Freelance Editor, you have a passion for News and demonstrated knowledge of current events. You must be willing to work weekends and nights and other various shifts.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Turn raw video into News packages and create broadcast quality pieces very quickly in a live environment with a sharp eye for detail
- Move fast on non-linear edit platforms
- Prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Be a creative, enthusiastic, solution oriented, team player
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A bachelor’s degree and or relevant work experience
- Flexibility with work schedule, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- 2-3+ years of experience in non-linear editing with Adobe Premier Pro
- Demonstrated news editorial judgment and broadcast experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects is preferred. Knowledge and Sapphire/Boris plug-ins is also a plus.
- Great time management skills
- Ability to work well with producers
- Ability to take direction and work independently