Commerce Editorial Director
- Full Time
Working with the Vice President of Commerce, the Commerce Editorial Director will help build out The New York Post digital network’s newly launched commerce business! This position will help drive the new initiative and lay the foundation for future success. He or she will understand The New York Post audience and speak to them through compelling content while driving them to make smart purchasing decisions.
This role will work across The New York Post’s digital network (New York Post, Page Six, Page Six Style, Decider, and Alexa) and be responsible for the execution of the commerce editorial strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Develop (and evolve as necessary), the commerce content strategy at The New York Post digital network, in collaboration with leaders from teams across the organization including editorial and audience development.
- Create daily content about shopping, sales, and promotions.
- Work closely with the editorial across the organization to ensure and enforce commerce best practices through training sessions and regular content review.
- Monitor trending news stories and sniff out the commerce content opportunities to create.
- Collaborate with editors as they create content to identify shopping opportunities and optimize their stories for conversions.
- Maintain a calendar of sales and shopping moments.
- Monitor and analyze data to help improve results.
- Maintain contacts with PR agencies and affiliate managers as sources.
What you’ll bring:
- At least three years of lifestyle and news writing experience in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Strong writing chops a must. Commerce and affiliate content writing experience a plus.
- Experience developing editorial strategies.
- The ability to package and edit stories with the goal of driving readers to retailer sites.
- The ability to extract relevant data points to help drive initiatives and pivot your strategies.
- Familiarity with affiliate linking best practices.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Clear communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for seeking out and collaborating with others.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, and a clear vision for how to prioritize work.
- Being unafraid to ask questions and an excitement to learn as well as an excitement to teach others.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.