Part-Time Copy Editor
- Part Time
The features desk of the New York Post is seeking an in-house PT copy editor!
We are looking for someone with copy editing experience, an excellent sense of grammar, diction and spelling as well as a familiarity with AP style, pop culture, celebrities, and the arts and cultural scene of New York City.
Successful candidates will:
- Have the humor and unique perspective of the New York Post.
- Have copy editing experience and passion for copy editing.
- Agree to a flexible schedule, which will only include a few shifts per month to start with the opportunity to increase your hours down the line.
- Be able to work independently but also has the ability to collaborate with a team.
- Take initiative.
- Be proactive and a self-starter.
- Shifts are typically 2:30pm to 8:30pm with a varying schedule that is done in advance.
- All work is performed in our Midtown office.
- Preferred college degree.
- Preferred prior print publication experience.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.