Director, OTT Advertising Strategy (Direct-to-Consumer)
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Business Operations & Strategy group is looking for exceptional candidates for the position of Director, OTT Advertising Strategy. You will be joining a blue chip team with significant media experience in addition to varied professional services backgrounds. As Director, OTT Advertising Strategy, you will play a vital role within the Business Operations & Strategy group. You will impact new revenue generation across the NBCUniversal portfolio by identifying growth opportunities and playing a central role within the NBCU Ad Sales team.
The NBCU Ad Sales Strategy team is responsible for driving long-term growth opportunities for the wider sales organization. Acting as strategic consultants, this dynamic team supports Ad Sales and corporate stakeholders across a wide range of initiatives including sales optimization, go-to-market strategies, budgeting and planning analyses, and market insights. The Director, OTT Advertising Strategy will interface with business leaders across multiple functions, both inside and outside Ad Sales. We’re looking for a dynamic person to bring innovative thinking and strong analytical skills to help grow our business.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the monetization and go-to-market strategy of NBCUniversal’s OTT streaming service:Lead OTT advertising monetization strategy from ideation to execution:Opportunity identification & assessment (internal and/or external market analyses and benchmarking)Strategy / business case development (executive presentation development/delivery)Stakeholder management (facilitating brainstorms, soliciting SME input, consensus-building)Ad Sales go-to-market strategy development (e.g., marketing, pricing/packaging, deal terms)Tactical execution / operational handoff (broader org socialization, education & training, definition of key performance indicators/success metrics, process for regular tracking and reporting)Identify market trends and internal insights to inform and guide financial modeling and revenue scenario analysisIdentify new revenue opportunities via internal analytics/market/sales feedbackGenerate NBCU’s unique OTT positioning opportunities via competitive and market insightsPartner with the ad product/experience team to ensure strategies can be effectively executedProvide updates to Ad Sales leadership and corporate stakeholders on core cross-functional workstreams, risks and opportunities Help formulate overall long-term, holistic vision for the NBCU Ad Sales portfolio (inclusive of both the OTT service and existing business assets), while ensuring tactical year-to-year progress toward that vision.
• Must possess a passion for media and strong intellectual curiosity
• A minimum of 5 years previous relevant work experience; this could include professional services (e.g., consulting, investment banking) or media experience at a large network/publisher/agency
• Proven quantitative analytical abilities, including Excel modeling skills
• Strong PowerPoint skills and proven proficiency summarizing information/analyses into coherent and concise slides
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to present results of complex analyses clearly
• Excellent organizational, time and people management skills and the ability to work in groups and independently
• BA/BS required (MBA preferred)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Previous experience in advertising sales or at a media company a plus
• Ideal candidate is a proactive individual who possesses the ability to take initiative and perform analysis and other tasks with minimal supervision, including the ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced, results-oriented environment
• Passion for diving into complex concepts, defining value propositions and championing the voice of sales
• Ability to develop strong relationships with across all levels of the organization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.